Classified Staff Teaching Grant
Applications are now open and will close on Monday, May 1st, 2023 at 11:59pm
Apply Here: https://forms.gle/SuGXZ2d48yif93xS6
Minimum Requirements: The Classified Staff Teaching Grant is open to potential classified employees who meet the minimum requirements. A classified employee is defined as “a noncertificated school employee currently working in a public school”. Part-time and Full-time classified staff members are eligible to apply. Interested applicants must already possess an Associate in Arts (AA) degree or have successfully completed two years of college, or higher. (about 60 units)
Available Programs: In order to receive grant funding, participants must agree to attend one of the following pre-approved programs: Cal Ploy Humboldt, Cal State University Chico, or Simpson University. *Note: National University and Teach Lake County have not yet been pre-approved, but may be added to the list of available programs at a later date. You may suggest additional programs on your application, but there is no guarantee that these programs will be approved for grant funding.
Before submitting an application for the Classified Staff Teaching Grant Program, please consider the following pre-requisite statements:
- I am a noncertificated school employee currently working in a Trinity County School.
- I am interested in pursuing a Single Subject, Multiple Subject, or Education Specialist credential.
- I already possess an Associate in Arts (AA) degree or have successfully completed two years of college, or higher. (about 60 units)
- I agree to attend one of the following pre-approved programs: Cal Poly Humboldt, Cal State University Chico, or Simpson University. *Note: National University and Teach Lake County are not currently available, but may be added to the list of available programs at a later date.
If accepted into the Classified Staff Teaching Grant Program, I agree to complete all of the following:
- Graduate from an institute of higher education with a bachelor’s degree.
- Complete all the requirements for and obtain a Multiple Subject, Single Subject, or Education Specialist teaching credential.
- Complete one school year of classroom instruction in a Trinity County School (if available) in exchange for each year of participation in the Classified Staff Teaching Grant Program.
- Utilize the individualized support services offered by Trinity County Office of Education.
If you do not meet the minimum requirements, but you are interested in pursuing a teaching credential, please submit an application. All applicants, whether accepted or not, will be added to our list of interested candidates for future grant opportunities and/or credentialing support.
Application Deadline: Initial applications for the Classified Staff Teaching Grant Program will close on Monday, May 1st, 2023 at 11:59pm. There are 18 spots available for eligible participants. If you do not qualify for the Classified Staff Teaching Grant during the first year, it is possible to apply again in the future.
Classified Staff Grant Timeline: Trinity County received the Classified Staff Teaching Grant for 3 school years starting February 10, 2023.
Grant Year 1: February 10, 2023 - June 30, 2023
Grant Year 2: July 1, 2023 - June 30, 2024
Grant Year 3: July 1, 2024 - June 30, 2025.
Additional Grant Opportunities:
TEACH Grants - a federal financial aid grant program available to students enrolled in eligible programs. Students who receive a TEACH Grant must agree to teach in a high-need field, at a low-income elementary or secondary school as a highly qualified teacher, full-time for at least four years.
Golden State Teacher Grant - The Golden State Teacher Grant (GSTG) Program awards up to $20,000 to students currently enrolled in a professional preparation program approved by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) and working towards earning their preliminary teaching or pupil personnel services credential.
If you know of any additional grant opportunities, please share them with us by sending a link or information to trincred [AT] tcoek12 [DOT] org. Thank you.